Senior Analyst – Model Risk Oversight
Challenger Bank in Central Edinburgh, one of the most respected in the UK – and if you’re currently working In a Bank – feel free to enquire who this is for, rather than passing up this role thinking it’s your current employer!
We’re looking for someone who’s really keen to progress their career and really make the most of the tools and resources available to them in this highly skilled and very bright Risk team.
So, before we continue – you’ll need skills and experience in the following:
- Quant Degree – Maths, Stats, MORSE, SCORE, OPS Research, Management Science etc
- A Developing knowledge of model requirements for IRB, IFRS9, forecasting and stress testing models as well as a practical understanding of credit risk modelling methodologies and validation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of model review or development of Risk Models ideally in a financial services organisation
- Experience of Programming / Coding in SAS OR VBA or similar
The role entails:
The Model Risk Oversight team support the control of risk across the Bank by owning the development and maintenance of the overarching Model Risk Policy and Associated standards. In delivering within the control framework the team provide independent review of Risk Models ensuring that these are of sufficient quality to achieve the strategic and regulatory objectives.
- Support model governance and model risk oversight through independent review of Risk Models, recommending for approval, and reporting to Risk Committees, thematic deep dive review activities and enterprise-wide modelling assessment of model risk and reporting of this to senior management
- Maintain the model inventory to ensure that pertinent model information is centrally held, including: model approvals, action plans, annual review details and key model assumptions.
- Source and aggregate model risk information request by PRA. Monitor PRA approval of models tracking conditions set and action to resolve PRA model approval conditions.
The Benefits here are incredible, with Private Medical, Bonus, amazing Pension and a flex bens scheme. You’ll work in a meritocratic environment and have full control over your own career. You’ll also be working with some really bright people !
We can bring this role to life over the phone – feel free to get in touch with Dan Holdsworth @ PeopleGenius for more information on this role.
Interviews as soon as – smooth process and a positive experience.
Keywords: Risk Analyst, Modeller, Risk Modeller, Risk Model, IFRS9, IRB, Modeller, Risk Analyst, Senior Risk Analyst
£30-37k Base, Bonus and Benefits