The client are a values-led, big-ticket Fin/PropTech with a world-beating product- the darling of their market. This is a rare opportunity for someone to make a name for themselves and potentially take this across EMEA and beyond. Not surprisingly – we’re looking for a Unicorn in terms of background, experience, skills and personality to be the first Risk and Compliance Officer for a company that will be a household name.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the application of risk management, compliance, and internal audit frameworks within a UK Financial Services / FinTech environment.
- Ability to deliver multiple initiatives / projects simultaneously and autonomously with a sense of urgency.
- Polished written and oral communicator across management and executive levels of the organisation.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite and process mapping software.
- Understanding of FCA / PRA regulations, GDPR, and Cyber / IT risks would all be advantageous.
- Supporting the UK CRO in the establishment of the UK Risk and Compliance Frameworks and related Policies, Procedures and Controls, initially to help satisfy regulatory and lender due diligence requirements. Examples include proposing UK related amendments to Group Policies, the creation of an Annual Compliance Plan, and rolling out a Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process, assisting ‘First Line of Defence’ colleagues to identify and mitigate the risks for which they are responsible.
- This will evolve into working alongside the UK CRO to provide assurance that the UK is meeting its regulatory and lender obligations, specifically in respect of the ‘Second Line of Defence’ elements of the following:
- Risk awareness, culture and capability;
- Risk appetite;
- Risk profiling;
- Governance and reporting;
- Fraud risk management;
- Scenario analysis (deep dives);
- Compliance management (including horizon scanning);
The process is simple – PeopleGenius are interviewing and longlisting– Candidates at this stage will be asked to sign an NDA such is the confidentiality of this role. We will then provide the shortlist to the Client, who will conduct 2x Video Interviews and a Technical review. We’re looking for the right person to join, ideally quickly.
Location – anywhere South of Brum really. Offices will be near Basingstoke and Clients are Lenders across the country. This is a Perm role with incredible, Global prospects.
Keywords: Compliance Officer, Risk Officer, Risk and Compliance Officer, Risk, Compliance